Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BETTER THAN EXPECTED

Today has improved dramatically.

I was meant to spend 20 million hours, alone, in my kitchen with nothing to do but sleep, play with loads of toys stuffed with delicious treats, while listening to ABC radio. But Buzz is home for a couple of hours in the sunny part of late afternoon. And because her workplace email is down, and that was all she had left to do today, instead we are in a sunny corner together. She's reading, and I'm eating a cookie I saved from my treat stuffed toys (eating in bed. I hope she doesn't notice the crumbs. Or the drool.)

She's in a particularly good mood because she finally taste-tested an outstanding cupcake boutique in Leichhardt today, which she declares is the best so far: good cake, great icing, stunning presentation, and only $2.50 per indulgence. She'll probably write about it on her blog later. She even let me have a taste of one of them, and I have to agree, they are good. Not as good as this sock I'm chewing on, but still good.

She'll head off again in about an hour, and I will be back in the kitchen, but with a smile on my face (and a fresh load of toy treats).

Love and kisses to SEOulSearchKaty, my first official follower, and my cousin Golden Retriever Tilly aka Mathilda. xxSMay aka Snow Pea aka Snowphie

1 comment:

seolsearchKaty said...

Love and kissses back to Snowphie from Katy. Matilda a.k.a Dumptruck, Landfill or more affectionately, AngelCakes send her love and kisses - but with care. She's so big and boistrous she might just squash little Miss Sophie.